A nonprofit organization supporting & promoting live
country music in the state of Massachusetts
RULES AND ENTRY FORM FOR THE MCMAA COUNTRY SONGWRITER CATEGORY
1. Submit no more than three (3) Country songs per songwriter(s).
2. Songs may be submitted on cassette, CD or MP3 format via e-mail. Typed lyrics must accompany each song entered.
Lyrics may also be e-mailed.
3. Songwriter may enter individually or in collaboration with another writer. The entry form must be signed by all co-writers.
4. Entries will not be returned unless proper arrangements are made. Any returns will be made AFTER the Awards Show.
5. Interpretation of rules by the MCMAA Board of Directors is final. Board members, their immediate families, professional songwriters and current judges are ineligible to enter.
6. Songwriter(s) must either be a Massachusetts resident OR perform in Massachusetts at least 50% of the time.
7. Songs submitted cannot have appeared on any national recording chart, whether recorded by the songwriter or another artist at any time.
8. Songs will be judged on melody (musical content), story (lyrical content), and commercial value. Professional recording will have no bearing on the outcome. A simple vocal/guitar demo is acceptable.
9. Songwriters retain all rights to the material submitted. The MCMAA has no participation in copyrights or publishing rights and will not be responsible for any copyright infringement. Please have your songs properly protected if any doubts persist.
10. Judging will be done by three individuals selected by the Awards committee. Members of the MCMAA Board of Directors or their immediate families are not eligible to be judges. The final results of the judges will be submitted to an independent person to be tallied and forwarded directly to the trophy company for Award engraving. The results will not be known until the Awards Show.
11. All entries MUST be received no later than August 15th, any submissions received after that date will not be eligible.